Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 4 weigh in and thoughts

SW: 142
CW: 138

Total weight loss: 4 lbs

On day 3, I did eat solid food for supper. I was so light headed, that I just couldn't take it anymore. I'M WEAK, WHAT CAN I SAY!!!!!!! Anyway, I'm pretty proud of myself for doing it for almost 3 full days. I've decided to do a modified version now to continue being healthy and losE a few more pounds. I'll juice for 1-2 meals a day, preferably 2 meals and then eat a healthy solid meal.

Review of detox:

Cons:
- COLD!! I was so cold all the time from only drinking cold juice.
- Light headed. I'm sure not everyone gets this. I have very low blood pressure, so it doesn't take much to affect me.
- Nightmares. This is a side effect from a diet very low in fat. Not fun.
- Headache. This was more from lack of caffeine than the detox. I would recommend weaning yourself off of caffeine before doing this detox.

Pros:
- I just *felt* healthy. It was nice knowing that I was making my body/cells happy by giving them what they wanted. I plan to juice for life now. Once I lose the last few pounds, I plan to juice once a day to make sure I'm getting in all my veggies for the day.
- My skin looked awesome. It was almost instant that I noticed it. It wasn't dry at all! My hands are normally scaly and red this time of year, but they were so hydrated with the detox.
- Weight loss. I can't really ignore this pro, even though it shouldn't be a main factor when doing a detox.
- Energy. Despite being on a detox, I didn't feel in a fog or super tired. I was tired, but that's due to factors like my lovely children waking up at 5am :)


Benn's day 3 weigh in.

SW: 219
CW: 113

Total loss: 6 lbs

Benn said since I'm not doing the full fasting anymore, he's not either. lol. He'll be doing a modified juicing, like me. Breakfast/lunch- juice, dinner- healthy meal. He has 13 more pounds he'd like to lose. I'll have to talk to him about the juices he's been making and write down the recipes he's liked. He made one with radishes yesterday that I know he liked a lot. He and I have very different likes when it comes to vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment